Mission and Vision
The new vision of the Commission, occasioned by its new direction, is:
A Free, Just and Equitable Society where Human Rights and Dignity are Respected, where Power is Accountable and Governance is Transparent.
The mission statement of CHRAJ is:
The Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice is an independent constitutional body that ensures respect for Human Rights, holds power accountable and makes governance transparent for all.
We do these through:
• INVESTIGATION SERVICES
– Includes mediation, negotiation, case management, case referrals, court actions, systemic investigations, panel hearing.
• ADVISORY SERVICES
– opinions given to government, government agencies, and individuals.
• MONITORING AND RESEARCH
– Dissemination, advocacy and training.
– statistics and data management;
– documentation and library services.
• PUBLIC EDUCATION
– creating public awareness on the mandates and services of the Commission through seminars, symposia, lectures, media engagements, debates, quizzes, essay competitions etc.
• INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT
– gift management, conflict of interest, assets declaration, ethics.
• Human Dignity
• Privacy and Confidentiality
These objectives will be achieved by:
- Ensuring a culture of respect for the rights and obligations of all people in Ghana
- Dispensing and promoting justice in a free, informal and relatively expeditious manner
- Ensuring fairness, efficiency, transparency and application of best practices
- Using a well-trained and motivated workforce and the most modern technology.
In carrying out all these activities, the Commission will maintain its impartiality, independence and the plurality of its workforce, and collaborate with other governance institutions and civil society.